SecuraBit Episode 100
Double Header with WPS and Forensics!
March 7th, 2012
Chris Gerling – @secbitchris
Tony Huffman – @myne_us
Andrew Borel – @andrew_secbit
Mike Bailey – @mpbailey1911
Craig Heffner - Tactical Network Solutions Reaver WPS
- Reaver WPS
8 digit pin, which is split in half (technically 4/3 because one bit is checksum)
- Windows Registry Forensics
Report: LulzSec Leader Was Snitch Who Helped Snag Fellow Hackers
- Sony says a number of Michael Jackson tracks have been stolen after its website was hacked.
- github attack could leave all repos available to anyone.
- Secunia opens up their free PSI 3.0 patch scanner for all.
BackTrack 5 R2 Released, New Kernel, New Tools
- Password1' is the No. 1 Password Employed by Business Users
- A security compromise at Linode, the New Jersey-based Linux cloud provider, has warned customers that hackers breached a Web-based customer service portal used by the company and emptied the Bitcoin accounts of eight Linode customers. One Linode customer reports the theft of Bitcoins totalling around $14,000.
- The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) released the specifications for a new, super-secure smartphone for use by government officials and based on Google's widely-used Android operating system, inviting the public to make use of its research.
- The situation was revealed in testimony Feb. 29 by NASA Inspector General Paul Martin before the House Science, Space and Technology subcommittee. According to Martin, the agency discovered in November 2011 that hackers using a China-based IP address had compromised the network of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and gained full access to JPL systems and sensitive user accounts. The incident remains under investigation. In fiscal year 2011, the agency was targeted with 47 attacks he called advanced persistent threats (APTs), of which 13 were successful at compromising agency systems.
Use Our Discount Code
Use “Refer_SecuraBit” to get $150.00 off of ANY training course. The discount code is good for all SANS courses in all formats. Use code 36449 to obtain 20% off of your Syngress purchase!
Chat with us on IRC at irc.freenode.net #securabit
iTunes Podcast – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/securabit/id280048405
iPhone App Now Available – http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/securabit-mobile/id382484512?mt=8